When I was a child everything I used to do contained an artistic touch, in that moment (obviously) I didn't really know anything about the world or more than that, about myself, so my parents tell me this now but they always knew that their daughter was going to be an artist.
Later, when I was a teenager, the art wasn't just making "pretty things" for me, it was a form of expression because everybody knew in our times that to be a teenager is to be a dark person. For a teenager, everything is terrible, sad and nobody understands them... So I needed to find a way to express what I felt. But like all things in this world, nothing lasts forever. Then, when the moment of truth arrived, the decision for me was clear, but even knowing what I wanted to study, this wouldn't be easy at all.  Visual Arts were my only option and that is a problem for someone without a plan b... like me. If I didn't manage to enter the carrer, I probably would be lying in my bed forever, and for that reason I had a lot of discussions with my parents. Anyway, this didn't happend, but to answer the question if I considered any other option at the moment of applying to university, the answer is a big NO.

Now, when people ask me how I feel about studying arts, a bittersweet feeling flows in my body.
I'm a photographer and I'm very very happy for that and all what I learned in the university, but there are other sadder things in this, like the emotional stress of being in this carrer. Some people tell me that it's not too much and I want to believe them, but it's not that easy....well, I am pushing myself to make my experience better and to stay and don't give up for the bad thoughs.
I see myself having a photographic studio doing my own photos and rent it too, earn money with that and be happy doing what I love to do.


Comments

Post a Comment